ADOPT-A-SCHOOL PROGRAM IMPACT
Outlined below are quotes from SY16-17 Adopt-a-School partnerships about the impact of their partnerships on students, staff, and the larger community. Sign up for the Adopt-a-School newsletter today to receive regular spotlights and updates. For questions contact email@example.com.
“The John Wall Family Foundation has provided a chance for our school to come together as a family and enjoy activities that would not have been possible otherwise. Additionally, they have helped by offering teachers and staff support with pushing our students academically.”
- Zara Berry-Young, Principal, Malcolm X Elementary School
“Giving back to the community especially schools and students is a core company value. It bestows a community mindset and empowers our employees to think of others’ needs in addition to their own. Many of our employees continually express interest in volunteering and giving back so naturally it was a good fit to participate in the DCPS Adopt-a-School program.“
- Jan Adams, President and CEO, JMA Solutions
“The Adopt-a-School partnership has been a tremendous way for us to bring programming into schools that often times get overlooked due to labels and stereotypes. Our Passport to Manhood program seeks to engage young men around: decision making, leadership, social media and volunteerism. Also, this program has allowed both the school and the non-profit to boost its visibility in a positive way.”
- Minister David Street, P.E.N. DMV
Visit our resource page to see additional tools shared during the event.
How to Get Spotlighted
- We love spotlighting our partnerships. If you're interested in being featured, send pictures from your events to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up for our newsletter today to receive spotlights and updates via email throughout the year.