The Adopt-a-School Program is a DCPS initative launched in 2015 by the School Partnerships Division (SPD) in the Office of Family and Public Engagement. This program provides a structured pathway for partnership between DCPS schools and our community of supporters. This program is intended for corporate and community organizations interested in building relationships with schools that support student success for a minimum of one academic year. During this collaboration, partners and schools will work together to determine how to best connect partner resources and interests with the school’s unique needs. This relationship is a joint effort led by the school and partner, and supported by the SPD.
- Designate 2 people from the school and partner to serve as the Program Liaison to lead efforts throughout the year.
- Jointly submit a partnership plan in the Fall and another in the Spring.
- The partner supports or hosts at least 3 school-based activities and 1 donation to support the school community.
- The school and partner attend two district-wide meetings. The Adopt-a-School Launch Kickoff Event(July 31st) and End of Year Celebration(TBD).
- The school and partner must complete mid and end of year reports.
A typical year in the Adopt-a-School program is outlined here and follows the course of a school year, August through June.
Click below to learn more about the program and to apply.